1. If you’re procrastinating because you’re feeling stuck (eg, if you don’t really understand a school assignment, or you don’t know what’s expected, or you don’t know where to start) then pluck up the courage to ask for some help. When you know what you’re doing, it’s easier to work.
2. Remind yourself that most decisions aren’t major. If you get it wrong, you can start over again … or change your direction … or have another try.
3. If the task seems overwhelming, just take a baby step. That, at least, will get you moving – so the next step’s easier.
4. Tell yourself that you can suffer for up to twenty minutes – and then you’ll return to doing things you want to do. You’ll be surprised to discover that “suffering’s” not that bad.
5. Decide to do the task as soon as you get up – as the more you put it off, the worse it’s going to seem!
6. Don’t pretend that other work counts just as much as what you’re leaving. Simply acting like you’re busy won’t make it go away. Be honest with yourself … and do what’s most important first.
“Tomorrow is the only thing that comes to you even if you don’t do anything. Everything else in life has to be fought for, so go out and get what you want!”
— Dendemille Town/Route 17 female guide NPC, Pokemon X and Y
The world’s most viewed TED Talk. In GIFs!
I just can’t reblog this enough. If I filled up my tumblr with just this it wouldn’t be enough. Most of all I wish I could tell my immediate family about this because they perpetuate me growing out of creativity -.-
If you haven’t seen this TED Talk, I highly recommend it.
One of the things I’ve really focused on as a parent is making sure my kids know that making lots of mistakes is the best way to learn something new. If you get something on the first try it might be exciting, but you haven’t really learned anything. This is definitely something I was not taught as a child, unfortunately, which made me averse to trying anything new out of a fear of failure. It’s taken me a long time to retrain my thoughts to not take errors as huge blows to my self-confidence.
My kids deserve better. All kids deserve better. ~JJ
Mistakes mean you are trying and that is never wrong.
- Baked Mac n’ Cheese
- Baked Mac n’ Cheese 2
- Quinoa Mac n’ Cheese
- Chocolate Pudding
- Pop Tarts
- Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Nuggets 2
- Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate 2
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Baked Potato Chips
- Morning Muffins
- Spinach Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Hot Wings
- Corn Fritters/Cakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- French Fries
- Fried Rice
- Hot Pockets
- Sausage and Sweet Pepper Pizza
- Garlic Mashed Potato
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
“Mom, you don’t have to work anymore. Relax. I can support you now. Thank you for everything that you’ve done for me.”